Rock Jensen has been involved in healthcare environmental services, patient transport, laundry, food, grounds, communication, safety, security, and facilities management for 25+ years, working with both self-op and outsourced management organizations.
For the last 7+ years he has worked as an SME/Senior Consultant with Soriant Solutions Services. Rock has been recognized for his work on the development of the AHE CHEST front line certification program and has presented on multiple occasions at the AHE national conference as the SME for EVS Staffing @ Laundry/Linen Utilization.
Recent projects include:
- Identified and implemented industry best practices and benchmark standards to drive departments sustainable cost reductions, and improved satisfaction results
- Implemented patient “through-put” technology (pre-admit tracking, bed tracking) to increase effi ciency of patient positioning in the hospital and reduce cost through labor-saving management of the program
- Converted ineffi cient in-house laundry program to a cost-effective outsourced platform
- Reduced labor expenses of environmental services through implementation of new technology and restructuring of master schedules to ensure best practices of productivity
Rock’s healthcare management experience has also included the position of District Manager with Sodexo Healthcare Services. In this role he increased territory accounts by over 100% and was responsible for 22 different support services accounts and budget’s exceeding $18 million throughout the Southwest region.
He also served as Senior General Manager in the Sodexo Western Division, where he implemented and oversaw programs in environmental services, facility support services, food services, grounds, laundry, and patient transport. Prior to that he worked as a Facility Manager with a Children’s Hospital, where he had responsibility for all support services departments.
- Rock currently co-chairs and is a long time member of the AHE Knowledge, Education & Management Committee
- Chair of the AHE Staffing sub-committee
- Serves on the AHE Advisory Committee
- Member of the National Conference Planning Committee
- Authored various articles for both the AHE Explore magazine and Healthcare Facility Management.
“Healthcare is an unique industry that measures itself, in every way possible, to identify solutions for efficient outcomes. At Soriant, we develop unique and individualized strategies to navigate the path with focused leadership by our team. A team who has walked down this road several times before.”