Paul Benequista has over 30 years of experience in healthcare and hospitality. He has a strong operational finance background with a particular focus on driving measurable cost savings coupled with quality outcomes. Paul is very adept at breaking down complex issues and developing clear approaches to solve problems. He also creates a positive and inclusive work environment by getting things done cooperatively and is extremely conscious of serving his clients with respect for all levels of their organization. His background is largely in operational improvement, finance, and strategy.
Some of his prior achievements include:
- Quantified $500,000 savings in restructuring of operations & corporate staff and over $12 million in savings in employee benefit programs.
- Found over $18 million in savings in food and beverage, procurement and distribution, real estate and staffing levels.
- Developed a long-term approach to deliver food and beverage products which drove the development of internal brands.
- Successfully led the discovery of over $2 million savings in the operational restructuring of an aircraft maintenance facility, warehouse/repair facility, and payroll processing center.
- Designed a capital expenditure control system for a high growth division.
- Developed a system to alert management on the likelihood of losing future contracts.
Paul has served as a healthcare services operational controller for both Marriott and Sodexo in addition to developing a very strong financial planning and analysis skill set at Marriott. Additional roles with Sodexo and Marriott included Director of Planning, where he was involved in the deployment of new programs, services and systems for their healthcare division. At Arthur Young, Paul developed his consulting foundation focusing upon operational efficiency and effectiveness and cost management. This led to a role as an internal consultant at Marriott, leveraging his focus on reducing cost especially in the areas of management and administration. As an independent consultant, he has worked with a wide range of clients including a healthcare products manufacturer, group purchasing consultancy, global service provider and restaurant, catering and contract services company.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in Accounting-Siena College
Master of Business Administration, Operations Management-State University of New York at Albany
C.P.A. licensed in the State of New York
“One fifth of our economy is healthcare related. We all consume it, and it should be treated with scrutiny relative to the cost of service, quality of outcomes, efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of services and actual service “attitude”.”