This year July 4th hits right in the middle of the week but will not stop us from celebrating our country’s independence with family and friends. It’s the time of year where we fire up the barbeque grill and enjoy a chilled beer (or two) – the best recipe for the hot (and often humid) summer days. As you get ready to enjoy the day, here are some suggestions to help you maximize your fun without leaving you exhausted.
Beat the heat
- Wear sunscreen and a hat
- Stay hydrated – drink water along with the chilled beer(s)
- Consider carrying organic bug spray in your bag – nothing worse than being attacked by mosquitoes
Best Location for the fireworks / parade
- Arrive early – consider making a picnic basket and lay out the blanket
- Pick the best show for you – your local news affiliate will post options on their website
- Bring games / frisbee to stay engaged with the entire family
- Remain in a safe and well-lit area to avoid injury or harm
- Take pictures – make memories to shareOutdoor Family affair
Plan for a family barbeque and have everyone bring their “favorite” side
- Keep the grill area safe and well-attended
- Keep food refrigerated – food poisoning and outside contamination can be a higher risk
- Don’t drink and drive – always have a designated driver – or uber
Let’s use this day of Independence to celebrate our history and unity. As we commemorate the adoption of our Declaration of Independence, have fun with family and friends. Look for a local baseball game, parade, and eat some apple pie – can’t get any more American than that!
Soriant Solutions’s team wants to wish you and yours a safe and relaxing 4th of July.